PRODUCT TEST: WO-WO Car Detailing kit


Words & Photos: Robin Fleming

WO-WO Car Detailing Products WO-WO

Introduction:
WO-WO is the result of two brothers’ enthusiasm for cars that goes deeper than driving. Duncan and Neil Pratt-Thompson love keeping their cars looking good and that means washing, polishing and protecting because they know how good it feels to stand back and admire a deep glossy finish.

In their search for the best products to make their cars look great they decided to create their own range of detailing accessories. After all, you can spend hundreds of pounds on polish, shampoo, foam and waxes so why would you use any old cloth to apply them?
  

THE TEST 
love:mini asks real-world readers to put products to the test 
Products tested by Robin Fleming.



WO-WO Lambswool Wash Mitt - Without thumb, with bug remover Mesh (£12.99): 
I found the wash mitt to be very effective, and easy to use. The lambs wool held the soapy water well, and easily collected the dirt from the paint. The mesh surface was extremely effective at removing stubborn marks and bugs, without fear of damaging the paint. I found the mitt was easy to clean after use, simply rinsing it under the tap removed the dirt from the wool, and the drying bag a great idea!
A smaller size option might be a good idea, as I did find it a little on the large side. Also a plastic lining to keep your hand dry?
Rating - 9/10 


WO-WO Drying Towel (£11.99): 
The drying towel worked quite well on flat areas of paintwork, but I fount it too large/bulky for the sides of the car, particularly at lower levels - I was worried about it dragging on the floor. I did feel that although it was good at removing the bulk of the water, you would still need a chamois or polish to achieve a good finish.  
Rating - 6/10 




WO-WO Clay Bar (£11.99):
I was extremely impressed with the clay bar. Contaminants were easily lifted from the paintwork, and you can really feel it working - even if you cannot see anything on the surface. I particularly like the fact that it can be used with water, and you do not need to purchase another product or "kit" to make it work. I used this on my daily driver - which has numerous tar spots (I work for a road surfacing company) and all were removed with minimal effort. 

Rating - 10/10


WO-WO Glass Cloth (included in Microfibre set)
This was also a winner for me. Achieving a streak free finish on glass is imperative - but generally not easy. I used the cloth with water alone, and the results were extremely impressive.

Rating - 10/10

 




WO-WO Microfibres Set (£8.99):
I used the microfibres cloths to apply and remove a liquid polish, and to remove a hard wax (which came with its own applicator)
I would prefer a deeper pile for removing the dried liquid polish, but thought they were great with the hard wax.

Rating - 7/10




 

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © love:mini. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates